It was Good Friday (March 29, 2013) when we had our ultimate adventure in a hidden tropical paradise of Pagbilao, Quezon locally known as Kwebang Lampas at Puting Buhangin.
- white sand beach
- pristine waters
- exciting cave
- cool camp site
How to Get There (For Commuters):
- From Manila to Lucena City, take a bus at JAC Liner, Kamias, Cubao. Fare = PHP 218. Travel time = approx. 3-hr bus ride.
- Stop at Lucena Grand Terminal and take a jeepney to Pagbilao market. Fare = PHP 12. Travel time = approx. 20-min jeepney ride.
- Tell the driver to drop you off at the market. You may buy food, drinks (esp. water) and other camping stuff at the market before heading to Puting Buhangin at Kwebang Lagpas.
- Hail a tricycle and negotiate for the fare to the jump-off area at Brgy. Polo. Fare = PHP 350-400 for 1-way trip. Travel time = approx. 45-min tricycle ride.
- For inquiries, contact Aling Gemma: 0947-5911630
- There are communal restrooms in the island
- Overnight is allowed so bring your own tents though there are tents for rent (PHP 300-400)
- Charge all your electronic devices and bring extra batteries as electricity is not free. At night, the generator only runs from 6 pm to 12 midnight
- Bring your own potable water
- Buy all the necessary food and beverages before going there as everything is way expensive than the regular price (Eg. 1.5L coke = PHP 120)
Total Budget (1N2D) = approx. PHP 1,000 -1,200